Our Bachelor of Agriculture gives you the skills and knowledge to apply science to significant real-world issues.
The Bachelor of Agriculture of ISDC degree will:
- Strengthen your foundation knowledge in basic agricultural sciences
- Help you to understand the broader industry context
- Integrate cross-disciplinary subjects at each year level
- Give you an important global perspective
- Improve your communication, problem-solving and teamwork skills
- Expose you to the latest precision farm technologies at our Dookie campus
- Provide many opportunities for external practical placements.
In the first year of the course you’ll focus on a solid foundation in agricultural science, with core studies in biology, natural environments, agricultural production and agricultural science. In second and third year you’ll have the opportunity to pursue your interests by selecting a major in plant and soil science, animal science or agricultural economics.
As an Agriculture student, you will develop core practical skills across plant and soil science, animal science and agricultural economics and examine key aspects of agricultural production from scientific, economic, environmental and ethical points of view.
You will also work in cross-disciplinary teams to apply your knowledge to solve major industry challenges – from improving animal production and welfare to addressing climate change and food sustainability.
Be job ready
With important input from industry experts and potential employers, our curriculum focuses on developing graduate agricultural scientists job ready from day one.
On graduating you will have:
- An understanding of the science behind agricultural production and agricultural farming systems
- An appreciation of broader economic,environmental and ethical issues
- Business acumen, including a basic understanding of the key drivers of profit and growth
- Critical thinking skills that you can apply to practical production and farming issues
- The ability to communicate with a diverse range of industry stakeholders.