The Thermal Engineering course lays emphasis on real-time applications of fluid flow and heat transfer in Thermal energy systems, Cryogenic Engineering and Refrigeration & Air Conditioning etc. It trains students in the design, development and simulation and enables them to explore new areas in Thermal Energy Systems and allied sciences.
The aim and the purpose of this course is to:
- impart education in the fields of Fluid Dynamics, Heat Transfer, Thermal Design and development of various components.
- instill advanced knowledge of the sciences in the relevant fields.
- augment formal training through lectures, hands-on training courses and workshops.
- provide access to the latest computational fluid dynamics software packages such as ANSYS– fluent, Star CCMe, CFX, Pro-E-Wildfire, CatiaV5, AutoCad 2012,Solidedge, Solidworks 2012,Nastron ,Ansys 13.0 and Abaqus.
- enhance practical know-how through industry – institute interaction.
Thermal Engineering is a two year (four semester) course in which the first two semesters deal ith theory subjects and laboratories and the third semester deals with theory and project work – phase-I and the fourth semester is fully dedicated to project work.